that's what friends are for

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
that's what friends are for

small circle of friends that want to be together in private.

+5
Ribbon
DALEY
madinocala
Mish
Kaci
9 posters

friends who care

Kaci
    Kaci

friends who care - Page 9 Empty Re: friends who care

Post by Kaci Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Good Afternoon All - Just bopping in a min to say Hi..

It's a beatiful sunny day here and 72. Tomorrow through Wed rain, so enjoying to weather while I can. Just got home from helping my Mom trim back some bushes and cleaning up her yard a bit. My Brother Dave came over too and got all of her lawn furniture out trimmed some trees and got her riding lawn mower going. My Mom was amazed at how much we got done in an hour n a half's time. We go right at it and don't waste any time. Mom told me that it would have taken her 3 days to do what I did in two hours.

Just taking a little breather and then heading out to finnish painting my shed. May have to help new neighbor pull a stump out of their yard, but not sure what he decided to do with it yet. I have 4 wheel and have pulled many out over the years. Makes lil Nellie feel strong and earn her keep LOL...

Well, gotta get back at it.. Have a great day all!!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:59 pm

You ladies amaze me! I am honored to be your friend, truly! I am inspired by some of the things you do! Kaci, my hat's off to ya! Daley, you and Dy amaze me with your animals, Deanna, you are like the energizer bunny - doing for others as you do! Mish, I am in awe of you being such a devoted mother and wife! Ali, you are so good for Michelle and Dave! I pray abundant blessings upon all of you!

Guys, you are pretty amazing, too! Dave, you are such a wonderful, loving father and a hard working man! Yet, you are gentle and kind and compassionate to all of us here! I love you to pieces! Madly (Dave), you have such a generous heart! I can tell you would give the last of anything you have to someone else, if you thought they needed it! I pray you are well and that your health improves!

Skies are getting dark here, guess the rain is going to move in tonight. I was hoping for at least a half day of sun tomorrow, but I get greedy. God knows my every need and He supplies those needs. I have enough and I am thankful for what I have. Like all of you, I would gladly share my bounty with anyone.

Such a wonderful group of people! Thank YOU, Lord, for my friends! I am so very blessed!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Ooops! Forget to tell ya'll that I finished the room I was working on today. It was a catch all room and I went in there and weeded out a bunch of stuff. It is now my Prayer Closet/Bible Study room. I have my soft inspirational music set up in there; my prayer jar sitting on top of my grandmother's library table with a candle and of course, my Bible and my prayer list right where I can get to them! I love my prayer closet and the time I am given to spend there with Him. ...and I do pray for each of you while I'm there, sometimes on my knees, sometimes in the chair, and sometimes I pace.

Gotta see what I will have for supper so I can get that cleared away before the Green flag waves! Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, we are goin' racin' tonight!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:You ladies amaze me! I am honored to be your friend, truly! I am inspired by some of the things you do! Kaci, my hat's off to ya! Daley, you and Dy amaze me with your animals, Deanna, you are like the energizer bunny - doing for others as you do! Mish, I am in awe of you being such a devoted mother and wife! Ali, you are so good for Michelle and Dave! I pray abundant blessings upon all of you!

Guys, you are pretty amazing, too! Dave, you are such a wonderful, loving father and a hard working man! Yet, you are gentle and kind and compassionate to all of us here! I love you to pieces! Madly (Dave), you have such a generous heart! I can tell you would give the last of anything you have to someone else, if you thought they needed it! I pray you are well and that your health improves!

Skies are getting dark here, guess the rain is going to move in tonight. I was hoping for at least a half day of sun tomorrow, but I get greedy. God knows my every need and He supplies those needs. I have enough and I am thankful for what I have. Like all of you, I would gladly share my bounty with anyone.

Such a wonderful group of people! Thank YOU, Lord, for my friends! I am so very blessed!

Linda, this is Dave posting under Alisons sign on..... truely, we are the lucky ones for having you here in our lives
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Linda, thanks for your goode thoughts!
    Had dinner, now relaxing on the thread. Some bad news in the news today. A father killed his wife, and 3 children in Maryland..God, now Vermont wants to legalize Sexting, geez, where r morals!
    Son is home, but still hasn't come into my part of the house, really keeping his distance, but no apoligy!
    Hope everyone saw my kids on the videos I posted on pg. 8. I know De wants to see Dude, but haven't gotten him yet. Hope to see some of u tonite...Davey, Taz, Somebody, Ali
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 pm

just_ali_az wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:You ladies amaze me! I am honored to be your friend, truly! I am inspired by some of the things you do! Kaci, my hat's off to ya! Daley, you and Dy amaze me with your animals, Deanna, you are like the energizer bunny - doing for others as you do! Mish, I am in awe of you being such a devoted mother and wife! Ali, you are so good for Michelle and Dave! I pray abundant blessings upon all of you!

Linda, this is Dave posting under Alisons sign on..... truely, we are the lucky ones for having you here in our lives
    Hay Capt'n, how r u?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm

friends who care - Page 9 AZ0608002a001
    Grandma Linda wrote:Ooops! Forget to tell ya'll that I finished the room I was working on today. It was a catch all room and I went in there and weeded out a bunch of stuff. It is now my Prayer Closet/Bible Study room. I have my soft inspirational music set up in there; my prayer jar sitting on top of my grandmother's library table with a candle and of course, my Bible and my prayer list right where I can get to them! I love my prayer closet and the time I am given to spend there with Him. ...and I do pray for each of you while I'm there, sometimes on my knees, sometimes in the chair, and sometimes I pace.

Gotta see what I will have for supper so I can get that cleared away before the Green flag waves! Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, we are goin' racin' tonight!
    Hi Grandma Linda....Thank you so much for the beautiful post earlier, we are all so lucky to have you here.
    PIR is a fun track, I've been to a few races there. Have you ever seen them clearing "rattlesnake hill"? It is a hill that overlooks the track (general admission)...LOL :) It is so funny it is full of saguaro cactus and rattlesnakes!
    Junior has won there a couple of times, but not latley :(
    Have fun and enjoy the race! GO JUNIOR!
    (the picture above is the view from "rattlesnake hill")

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:08 pm

For my honey...I know he will be back here soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qm7tWVigtY

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Kaci wrote:Good Afternoon All - Just bopping in a min to say Hi..

It's a beatiful sunny day here and 72. Tomorrow through Wed rain, so enjoying to weather while I can. Just got home from helping my Mom trim back some bushes and cleaning up her yard a bit. My Brother Dave came over too and got all of her lawn furniture out trimmed some trees and got her riding lawn mower going. My Mom was amazed at how much we got done in an hour n a half's time. We go right at it and don't waste any time. Mom told me that it would have taken her 3 days to do what I did in two hours.

Just taking a little breather and then heading out to finnish painting my shed. May have to help new neighbor pull a stump out of their yard, but not sure what he decided to do with it yet. I have 4 wheel and have pulled many out over the years. Makes lil Nellie feel strong and earn her keep LOL...

Well, gotta get back at it.. Have a great day all!!

Sis, Its Dave, email me you phone # the oneI have is a fax #
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm

[quote="Grandma Linda"]You ladies amaze me! I am honored to be your friend, truly! I am inspired by some of the things you do! Kaci, my hat's off to ya! Daley, you and Dy amaze me with your animals, Deanna, you are like the energizer bunny - doing for others as you do! Mish, I am in awe of you being such a devoted mother and wife! Ali, you are so good for Michelle and Dave! I pray abundant blessings upon all of you!

Such a wonderful group of people! Thank YOU, Lord, for my friends! I am so very blessed![/quote]

Linda it is our blessing that we have you with us....Mom and I thank God for you everyday...you have really been a blessing to us...I hope Jr wins tonight....enjoy the race...love you...Hugs!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Last edited by just_ali_az on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey Ali how was the movie yesterday with Michelle???? Hope you all had fun..
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi All,
    It's been a beautiful day here.... Hope everyone had a nice day too!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykU8iSKkJR0

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Nite yall
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 pm

It's 10 o'clock, do you know where all are?
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:55 pm

nice song kaci
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:04 am

Well, thank you all for your very sweet posts! I was happy to see Mark Martin win, he's been a better driver the last couple of years than I've ever seen him be! JR, not so much. The pit crew stinks! His driving stinks right now! I'm so disappointed in him. I would love to see a glimmer of his daddy in him but I don't think that will happen.

I'm praying for Tazzy and Rosie, miss them both. Has anyone heard from Rosie at all? Taz, we miss you and love you! Hi, Somebody... miss you, too! What a great bunch of people right here! Nightol!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:09 am

friends who care - Page 9 5122NTPXYBL._SL500_AA240_
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 am

friends who care - Page 9 Deeram
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:19 am

Ribbon wrote:friends who care - Page 9 5122NTPXYBL._SL500_AA240_
    Pooh and Piglet are best friends, aye!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 am

friends who care - Page 9 Buckeye%2055
    Good morning Ladies.
    I found a butterfly just like this in the front grill of Dave's truck yesterday. It was dead, but still in good shape. I put it in a plastic bag so I could look up the type on the computer. It is a "Common Buckeye Butterfly".

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:43 am

nanabanana197824 wrote:Hey Ali how was the movie yesterday with Michelle???? Hope you all had fun..
    Hi Deanna...sorry I didn't see this last night.
    We had a great time....LOL ...The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, we had fun. Popcorn and raisinettes. Of course, when we left there she wanted to go shopping....can you guess what for? :) Shoes...LOL! So we ran up to payless and she got a new pair of sneakers and she was very happy. We got home and met up with Dave and he took us to dinner at the Olive Garden :)
    We had a very nice day :)
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 am

just_ali_az wrote:friends who care - Page 9 Buckeye%2055
    Good morning Ladies.
    I found a butterfly just like this in the front grill of Dave's truck yesterday. It was dead, but still in good shape. I put it in a plastic bag so I could look up the type on the computer. It is a "Common Buckeye Butterfly".
    What a cool looking butterfly. We don't have those around here. Such a shame that they don't live very long except for some different species. I have 3 butterfly bushes , well 2 have become small trees now, and there are always butterfly's and hummingbirds around them in the summer. I definitely will appreciate them more!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 am

Ribbon wrote:
    just_ali_az wrote:friends who care - Page 9 Buckeye%2055
    Good morning Ladies.
    What a cool looking butterfly. We don't have those around here. Such a shame that they don't live very long except for some different species. I have 3 butterfly bushes , well 2 have become small trees now, and there are always butterfly's and hummingbirds around them in the summer. I definitely will appreciate them more!
    Hey Dy...I thought it was cool too, I had never seen one like it before. I've always loved butterflies or flutterbies ( when I couldn't say butterfly) LOL :) I hope you're having a good morning.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 am

:idea: We have been talking about trying to make it up to the Cape this summer...wonder if we can figure out a way to get Kaci and Deanna there...hmmmm
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:03 am

friends who care - Page 9 Shayhead1208Photo of Morgan "Immortal Command" is the sire of my horse Buck who is Immortal Flash Comand. Isn't he gorgeous!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 am

friends who care - Page 9 Immortal_commandAll parked out

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

Ribbon wrote:friends who care - Page 9 Immortal_commandAll parked out
    The horses are magnificent Dy...Like you and the butterflies, I have found a new appreciation for these beautiful animals. Between your love for them and all the wonderful horse farms here, I can't help it. LOL :) I want a big horse farm on beautiful rolling hills, just like the ones I see.
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:12 am

just_ali_az wrote: :idea: We have been talking about trying to make it up to the Cape this summer...wonder if we can figure out a way to get Kaci and Deanna there...hmmmm
    Now that would be an amazing honor to have everyone on the thread come and experience being a Codder! I know Mom wouldn't want to travels and leave her home, and Nana wouldn't leave Mom in someone else's care and company.Shels is in Ca. such a long way, but maybe she can arrange it, Grandma's family wouldn't give her up for a second, Taze is MIA, and Mad needs to get his health in order ASAP. Kaci has no excuse lol JMO
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:13 am

Ribbon wrote:friends who care - Page 9 Shayhead1208Photo of Morgan "Immortal Command" is the sire of my horse Buck who is Immortal Flash Comand. Isn't he gorgeous!

He is beautiful! Holding his head like he has a macho attitude, too! Yeah, Morgan, U Da Man!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 am

Looks like a super model! Mr. Macho! He is a beautiful horse - and he knows it!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:16 am

Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:friends who care - Page 9 Shayhead1208Photo of Morgan "Immortal Command" is the sire of my horse Buck who is Immortal Flash Comand. Isn't he gorgeous!

He is beautiful! Holding his head like he has a macho attitude, too! Yeah, Morgan, U Da Man!
    Good morning Grandma...Mark Martin, he's the Man! :) I like him too and I'm glad he got a win.
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 am

just_ali_az wrote:
    The horses are magnificent Dy...Like you and the butterflies, I have found a new appreciation for these beautiful animals. Between your love for them and all the wonderful horse farms here, I can't help it. LOL :) I want a big horse farm on beautiful rolling hills, just like the ones I see.
    My dream too somewhere,somehow, someday and have a blueberry and Christmas Tree farm for income, a pipe dream it's always been along with other creatures great and small

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:18 am

Ribbon wrote:
    just_ali_az wrote: :idea: We have been talking about trying to make it up to the Cape this summer...wonder if we can figure out a way to get Kaci and Deanna there...hmmmm
    Now that would be an amazing honor to have everyone on the thread come and experience being a Codder! I know Mom wouldn't want to travels and leave her home, and Nana wouldn't leave Mom in someone else's care and company.Shels is in Ca. such a long way, but maybe she can arrange it, Grandma's family wouldn't give her up for a second, Taze is MIA, and Mad needs to get his health in order ASAP. Kaci has no excuse lol JMO
    lol!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 am

Ribbon wrote:

Grandma would love to take a vacation! But.... Monte is old, nearing 200k on him and I couldn't push him beyond his limit. How I would love to gather with you all, though! Anyone coming to Indy? Lots of attractions, the zoo is beautiful, we have horse farms... and one exotic animal farm here in Greenfield... llamas, zebras, emus, etc. ... and then there is The Chocolate Factory and the World's Largest Halmark store! .... to say nothing of the speedway and me and my family! Indiana has dunes, too, great beaches, wonderful caverns and caves.... no ocean, though. Sorry, had to plug Indiana.
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 am

just_ali_az wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:

Good morning Grandma...Mark Martin, he's the Man! :) I like him too and I'm glad he got a win.

I like him much better in a Chevy than in Roush's Ford - LoL! He is a good man and has really shown great mentorship to all the other drivers! I have a lot of respect for him and I was happy that he got the win!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:24 am

just thinking....takes 3 years to harvest blueberries. 3 years to ride a foal, a good 7 years to harvest a Christmas Tree, gees I better get my pipe dream smoking!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 am

Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:

Grandma would love to take a vacation! But.... Monte is old, nearing 200k on him and I couldn't push him beyond his limit. How I would love to gather with you all, though! Anyone coming to Indy? Lots of attractions, the zoo is beautiful, we have horse farms... and one exotic animal farm here in Greenfield... llamas, zebras, emus, etc. ... and then there is The Chocolate Factory and the World's Largest Halmark store! .... to say nothing of the speedway and me and my family! Indiana has dunes, too, great beaches, wonderful caverns and caves.... no ocean, though. Sorry, had to plug Indiana.
    :) I don't blame ya' for plugging Indiana, it sounds great!...we are all proud of where we come from. I have some friends moving to Bloomington soon...you never know, I may be going there sometime.
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 am

Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:

Would love to travel and see it there. Chocolate factory....don't need to twist my hand to go there!
    I think we should all play a lottery ticket and if there is a win , then well Monte could be doused in bronze and you could have a new one, and be flown first class wherever we meet!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 am

Ribbon wrote:just thinking....takes 3 years to harvest blueberries. 3 years to ride a foal, a good 7 years to harvest a Christmas Tree, gees I better get my pipe dream smoking!
    lol! affraid I love it Dy!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am

Have to run and start my barn chores, going to work early, have a great day!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:45 am

Ribbon wrote:Have to run and start my barn chores, going to work early, have a great day!
    I just took a quick shower...I hope I didn't miss ya'. Have a great day!
    BBL myself...got to get laundry started.
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 am

just_ali_az wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:

:) I don't blame ya' for plugging Indiana, it sounds great!...we are all proud of where we come from. I have some friends moving to Bloomington soon...you never know, I may be going there sometime.

Wow! Really? Bloomington isn't that far at all! I wanted my grandaughter (who lives in TN) that is graduating high school to come to IU Med school - she desires to be an Ob-Gyn doctor to come here, but she's going to UT - Knoxville (she choose that over Vanderbuilt!). I failed to mention the Universities in Indiana: Ball State, Purdue (Go, Boilers!) and IU... Taylor University and Anderson University - great Christian colleges. Come on up, Ali! I promise there's more to see and do than any of us have time or energy for!

However, the Cape sounds lovely! I love the ocean, nothing can simulate the sound and the relaxing atmosphere!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

Ribbon wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:

Would love to travel and see it there. Chocolate factory....don't need to twist my hand to go there!
    I think we should all play a lottery ticket and if there is a win , then well Monte could be doused in bronze and you could have a new one, and be flown first class wherever we meet!

What a lovely thought! Although I don't play the lottery regularly, wouldn't it be cool if we could (as a group) figure out a way to play 'X' amount every week, with the same numbers? We would need 'someone' to volunteer to be the 'getter' and the ticket holder and each of us send that person the money for the Power Ball ticket. Groups win a lot! What finer group than us to win, huh? I'm in, if everyone else is! I don't have a hankerin' to be the accountant, though. I trust any of you explicitly, so whoever wants to volunteer, we need to agree how much to play with every week and perhaps send a monthly amount to our special accountant. Huh?
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:08 am

I'm serious about the lottery idea! We could even share some of our winnings (I'm assuming!!) with Tazbell so she could get her house fixed up!
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Good Afternoon All - Hope everyone is having a good day.
    It's cloudy and rainy here today, so it's gonna be an indoor day for me. Visited with my Mom for a while this morning and now it's time to start laundry and get ready for another work week. Hope everyone ejoys the day...
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Execute Casey? Not a chance — but now she might cut a deal

Mike Thomas | COMMENTARY
    April 19, 2009
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-locmiket19041909apr19,0,6936648.column
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi all, just checking in. Dy had to go to work early, we r fine, the both of us........
    I am going to try and put video of Dude for De since she wanted to know how he was. Pictures say a thousand words!
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Mr. Dude

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content