that's what friends are for

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
that's what friends are for

small circle of friends that want to be together in private.

+5
madinocala
Grandma Linda
Mish
Kaci
nanabanana197824
9 posters

Your first subject

Ribbon
    Ribbon

Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject

Post by Ribbon Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am

....Oh NO affraid "Winter storm plowing into the region"
    coast to coast storm
    "Tampa heavy rain a coming"
    Northeast ~ good sunshine for a while this coming week
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 am

hopefully it will be light and fluffy snow, they didn't say
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:08 am

what town are you in again?
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11 am

Ribbon wrote:what town are you in again?

Kalamazoo. Flakes coming down a bit ago were the size of quarters... Was hard to see neighbors house behind me, but it's letting up a bit now.
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:26 am

Kaci wrote:

Kalamazoo. Flakes coming down a bit ago were the size of quarters... Was hard to see neighbors house behind me, but it's letting up a bit now.
    Oh boy, just checked it out on radar and it looks like it is moving fast ~ landscaper friend is here I am getting some wood so need to work out details BB in a bit
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 am

Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 am

Ribbon wrote:
    Kaci wrote:

Oh boy, just checked it out on radar and it looks like it is moving fast ~ landscaper friend is here I am getting some wood so need to work out details BB in a bit

I'll catch up with ya later Dy. Going to my Mom's in a bit to walk the pups and visit for a while. Have a good one :)
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Good Morning all....being a couch potato today....feels really good not to be rushing around doing something....I need a day like this...Grandma we will be thinking of you today at 2:00 when the race starts....We are cloudy today and will probably get some rain....Will be a good time to nap....LOL....Have a great day all...I will BBL....Hugs!!!!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:58 pm

madinocala wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:
    Mish wrote:

Ahhh, Elvis! I have the entire collection of every song that Elvis recorded. Well, it isn't in my possession, I handed it down to my oldest daughter along with an original painting of his Tupelo birth place. I won the library of his recordings from a radio station. My oldest daughter and my son enjoy Elvis, my son and his family really enjoy Elvis, even now.

Good morning Grandma hope you are well this morning. You know I lived in tupelo the birthplace of elvis. My mom also picked cotton in sledge an crenshaw mississippi with Charley Pride when he was just a kid growing up she said even back then he would start singing in the fields an people would just stop an listen. I use to have pictures of mom with Charley after he became famous he came to visit my mom about 6 yrs before she passed away an i am so glad she had her right mind then someone stole all my pics an stuff just before i moved to florida my nephew an i came down here on vacation an when we went back home everything was gone . it had to be family tho who took it they left two new computers an tv an dvd player took all the family photos off the walls an all the albums took a huge collection of handmade quilts some that my grandmother had made some that my aunts had made an some that were from my adopted grandmother in our church. we could never prove tho who got them thats when we decided to move to florida

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Mad. I just cannot imagine family members stealing from each other; our family has always been so close to each other.
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Kaci wrote:Grandma - Are you getting ready to make your big announcement? GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES!!!

Although the race won't start until 2pm, I am watching the Speed channel to get the latest and to watch the interviews. I'm also trying to finish lunch and laundry so I will be free to watch every lap. I love my races! I'll check in, though, at some point.
    otb_someone

Post by otb_someone Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 pm

[b]Hello Nana, I believe we are the only ones online?
    I hope you and your mom are doing OK today.

Dale, I am sorry valentine's day is a "bummer" for you - I never cared for it either so I choose to ignore most of the time. Now my little girl is old enough to dress in pink and red and give her little hearts so I can do it that way. But if I could see you all I would exchange them with you too!

I was so sorry to hear that Mad/Cowboy has been ill and that he thinks he may have to give up Zoey. Mad, you do so much for others and give so much of yourself and I know you will find someone who will love her and care for her the way she deserves and the way YOU deserve for her to be taken care of. Is there any way you could find someone to foster her for a while until you are better, or who will let you visit with her regularly? It breaks my heart to think of you this way. We kept my father in law's dog over a year after he went into assisted living, just to see if he would go home, but ultimately we had to find her another home because we already had three dogs and two cats and a baby and it was just too much. But my sister found her a home that thinks she is the most wonderful dog that ever lived, and they spoil her rotten, I know she's even happier there than she was with our menagerie, because she gets so much attention.

Mad, I hope you find a good place for her and one where you can still have her in your life sometimes, but I understand you need to take care of yourself right now. The physical things you are going through will continue to take so much of your time and focus (not to mention money) to get well, and you need to take care of YOU first. Hugs and love to both of you.[/b]
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Ribbon wrote:hopefully it will be light and fluffy snow, they didn't say

Well, God didn't ask for my opinion, but I will say that I've seen enough snow. I'm ready for SPRING! The running of the Daytona 500 is a big sign of Spring, to me.
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:14 pm

nanabanana197824 wrote:Good Morning all....being a couch potato today....feels really good not to be rushing around doing something....I need a day like this...Grandma we will be thinking of you today at 2:00 when the race starts....We are cloudy today and will probably get some rain....Will be a good time to nap....LOL....Have a great day all...I will BBL....Hugs!!!!

Oh no! Not rain for the Daytona 500! Please say it isn't so!!!
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:
    Kaci wrote:Grandma - Are you getting ready to make your big announcement? GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES!!!

Although the race won't start until 2pm, I am watching the Speed channel to get the latest and to watch the interviews. I'm also trying to finish lunch and laundry so I will be free to watch every lap. I love my races! I'll check in, though, at some point.

For you Grandma :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfcp_Ahh-tY
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Somebody, Good to see ya. :)

Hope your having a great day!!! I'm finnishing up laundry today and downloading more CD's on my IPOD. Getting geared up for another work week ahead of me.
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Just checking in, haven't read anything...now my Alyssa is sick...and we are having hurricane winds! Fence won't go down, did last year, so that was replaced...
    Very odd, no rain just extreme wind...
    Need to call my daughter to make sure she's home & still standing. Wink
    bbiab
    tazebell
    tazebell

Your first subject - Page 2 Empty can't keep up!

Post by tazebell Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:08 pm

I can't read back enough to keep up with all the conversations, sorry. Soon maybe.

The talk about Charley Pride - would you believe I have wandered around the fields in Sledge Miss? Who'd a thunk it?

I haven't kept up with any news. Don't know what has happened, glad we all are here. Why does Mad have to find a new home for Zoey? Does he have to move? It would be better for his recovery if he had her with him - I am sure somebody will help him get her out and feed her daily. I pray they do. If I lived closer I would.

today's flower is not very nice. btw.
    tazebell
    tazebell

Your first subject - Page 2 Empty flower of the day

Post by tazebell Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Today is Feb 15 - the flower Hemlock meaning "You will cause my death". Yikes.

If you forgot to give someone red roses yesterday, don't be surprised if you receive a little sprig of Conium maculatum today. Whatever you do, don't eat it. And if you're foolish enough not to heed that warning (a high possibility if you were foolish enough to forget 14 February), don't think that the dizzy feeling that ensues is simply a case of lovesickness. It ain't; it's a prelude to death.

Quite unassuming in its appearance, hemlock is, on the contrary, an extremely toxic herb. You can tell it apart from its benign white-flowered relatives the carrot, the fennel and the parsley by looking closely at the stem, which is as smooth as a just-shaven leg and donning the plant-world equivalent of racy fish-net tights: streaky red markings. Danger! Danger! All the signs are there:

Good for giving to: Socratic lovers who questioned one thing too many when they wondered the point of sending Valentine's flowers. In ancient Greece, hemlock was used to poison condemned prisoners. The most famous victim of hemlock poisoning is the philosopher Socrates. After being condemned to death for impiety in 399 BC, Socrates was given a potent solution of the hemlock plant. Plato described Socrates' death in the Phaedo.

Great hemlocks in literature: If you did do wrong, some would seem to suggest that it's best if you do eat it, after all:

Man has no power whatever unless he has unlimited freedom of action. Suppose that he has been guilty of some irreparable error, from the shameful consequences of which there is no escape; a sordid nature swallows down the disgrace and survives it, the wise man drinks the hemlock and dies.From The Country Doctor by Honore de Balzac

Hemlock is known by several common names. As well as the American "Poison hemlock" and the Irish "Devil's porridge", there are also Beaver Poison, Herb Bennet (not to be confused with the geranium of that name), Musquash Root, Poison Parsley, Spotted Corobane and Spotted Hemlock. The seeds are sometimes called Kecksies or Kex.

Poison hemlock has been used as a sedative and for its antispasmodic properties. It was also used by Greek and Persian physicians for a variety of problems, such as arthritis. However, it wasn't always effective, as the difference between a therapeutic and a toxic amount is very slight. Overdoses can produce paralysis and loss of speech being followed by depression of the respiratory function and then death.

Your first subject - Page 2 240px-Conium
    otb_someone

Post by otb_someone Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi to Grandma, Kaci, Mish, and Taz. Hope the weather holds out for all of you! It's really pretty here but a bit chilly.

Taz, Mad asked a few pages back that we pray for him because he is going to have to find Zoey a new home since he's not healthy enough to take care of her. He loves her so much. I wondered who watched her when he was in the hospital. I too hope he can find a way to keep her, at least part time, and that he can find someone to help take care of her when he's indisposed.
    :(
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:34 pm

For Sweet Grandma ~ Love ya!
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey friends...just watching out the window, hoping and praying the trees don't break...in my back their surrounded instead of in the middle of the yard...the skunks are going crazy...spraying and I'm sure one or more will hide underneath the house, I don't mind but when they scratch during the night it is creepy...for the life of me, I can't figure out how on earth they get under there except through the underground. But duhring the night, it sounds like a lion trying to get out...

I wish I could take Zoey...my heart breaks for Mad :(
    HUGS!
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:

Even tho I am sick as a dog( not sure how sick dogs get) I am watching Daytona and thinking about you...have fun watching Linda.
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 pm

DALEY wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:

Even tho I am sick as a dog( not sure how sick dogs get) I am watching Daytona and thinking about you...have fun watching Linda.

Hi Daley - Very sorry to hear your feeling so sick today. I have limited cable and Daytona is not on any of them. DARN!!!!!
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Saturday, George and Cindy Anthony stopped by the search area briefly to offer support to Haleigh’s parents. After months of searching, Caylee Anthony’s remains were found in a wooded area near her home. People searching in Satsuma are optimistic this search will end differently and Haleigh will be found alive.

The past several days Haleigh’s parents have been holding separate prayer vigils, but Saturday night both sides of the family will join together.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18708433/detail.html
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Your first subject - Page 2 Collie

Get Well Soon Daley!!!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Mish wrote:For Sweet Grandma ~ Love ya!

Wow! Ask and ye shall receive! Thank you, Mish! I love it!

Well, the guys are circling the track, I'm going to wrap up the laundry and get things lined up for Monday; then run over for a visit with my Grands. I'll be watching over there, but I'll be home for the last 100 laps, for sure. It is so exciting, I can not be here by myself! I've got to go burn up some excitement and rough-house with Josiah. Love ya'll!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:57 pm

DALEY wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:

Oh, Daley! I'm praying you to be well! I love you! Enjoy the race, I'll see in the winner's circle - I hope!
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Kaci wrote:
    DALEY wrote:
    Grandma Linda wrote:

Hi Daley - Very sorry to hear your feeling so sick today. I have limited cable and Daytona is not on any of them. DARN!!!!!

It is on Fox, Kaci...
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi all hope everyone is doing ok just getting online just finished cooking dinner an eating. Zoey has a new home now an once she gets settled in to her new surroundings i can go visit her if i want too but i dont think I can handle that for a while
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:52 pm

madinocala wrote:Hi all hope everyone is doing ok just getting online just finished cooking dinner an eating. Zoey has a new home now an once she gets settled in to her new surroundings i can go visit her if i want too but i dont think I can handle that for a while

Oh Mad, are you okay? We're all here for you dear.
    I remember when I had to give up my last cat. I always had cats my whole life.
    This was a beautiful kitty that I got from a friend who worked at the vets...she was found in a supermarket parking lot.
    Was the sweetest ever...she slept with me and I had to spell out certain words like tuna...or she was on it!
    Then I started a new family and the time my little lyssie was coming into the world, I felt it best to find her a new home...I regret it so much...But my hormones played on me I guess...
    I gave her to a group that found homes for cats through the pet stores and they were very strict to whom they adopted them out to...that last day was so hard...but I realized that she didn't get sick or hurt and i was doing the best for her I could...my heart literally ripped out of me...til this day i miss her so much Mad...
    It'll be alright friend and she is still around if you ever do want to see her...
    love you and sending you big hugs!!
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Mad, A comment that Ceasr Milan the dog whisperer once said ... "the best thing about dogs is that they get over it" ... so Zoey will not be mad or sad at you...she will be happy and it's ok...
    Bless you ~

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Your first subject - Page 2 Hawaii_text

Good evening everyone...it's Ali and Dave. We're getting ready, we have to leave for the airport at 3:30AM....NO SLEEP TONIGHT! We are packing our bags...wish we could fit you all in :(

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:31 pm

madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:34 pm

dave wrote:Your first subject - Page 2 Hawaii_text

Good evening everyone...it's Ali and Dave. We're getting ready, we have to leave for the airport at 3:30AM....NO SLEEP TONIGHT! We are packing our bags...wish we could fit you all in :(

hey dave an ali congrats guys an have a safe an fun trip

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:50 pm

madinocala wrote:

Thanks Mad, sorry to hear about Zoie but glad youre doing better health wise
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 pm

dave wrote:
    madinocala wrote:

Thanks Mad, sorry to hear about Zoie but glad youre doing better health wise

thx dave i just got a call from the lady who came an picked her up said she was settling in great with no problems they have a little girl so Zoey will love that it was hard for me to give her up but i had too
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey peeps....I am so jealous of your trip I am turning green.....LOL....I hope you have a great time....hopefully you will be able to check in a few times while you are there...Mom and I will be waiting right here until you get home....We love you both....Hugs!!!!!
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:08 pm

madinocala wrote:Hi all hope everyone is doing ok just getting online just finished cooking dinner an eating. Zoey has a new home now an once she gets settled in to her new surroundings i can go visit her if i want too but i dont think I can handle that for a while
    Oh Mad....I am so sorry that you had to give up Zoey....But you are really doing a good thing there....you need to concentrate on you and get you feeling better....Zoey will always be there for you....plus she has a new friend now to play with....I am very proud of you for thinking of her and her needs and making sure she had a good home....Hugs my friend....
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Hey Mad did you do the burgers today??? It has been a couch potato day for Mom and me....Judy came down for a little while...Now Mom and I are back to watching movies.... Very Happy
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Mish wrote:Hey friends...just watching out the window, hoping and praying the trees don't break...in my back their surrounded instead of in the middle of the yard...the skunks are going crazy...spraying and I'm sure one or more will hide underneath the house, I don't mind but when they scratch during the night it is creepy...for the life of me, I can't figure out how on earth they get under there except through the underground. But duhring the night, it sounds like a lion trying to get out...

I wish I could take Zoey...my heart breaks for Mad :(
    HUGS!
    Mish....SKUNKS???? affraid ....oh my goodness......like Pepe Lepew????.....So sorry to hear about your little girl getting sick....hope your son is starting to feel some better.....Hugs!!!!!
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Grandma I hope the race was as exciting as you wanted it to be....My Sis and her hubby are Jeff Gordan fans, My Son is a Tony Stewart fan....Nana doesn't really like the racing thing...I try to act interested when Matt is telling me about it...but I think he has finally caught on that I know nothing about what he is talking about....LOL....Hugs to you my dear friend....So happy that you have had a good day....
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Daley....Mom and I are hoping that you will be feeling better soon....we are sending you love and hugs.....
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Mad how was the home health nurse????....

Nana is talking to herself....I will bbiab....Hugs!!!!
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm

nanabanana197824 wrote:
    Hey Mad did you do the burgers today??? It has been a couch potato day for Mom and me....Judy came down for a little while...Now Mom and I are back to watching movies.... Very Happy

Yea Nana i made doughburgers an homemade french fries Colleen an Mike an their Daughter ate with me
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm

nanabanana197824 wrote:Mad how was the home health nurse????....

Nana is talking to herself....I will bbiab....Hugs!!!!

The Nurse that came out today was ok I liked her
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Well, the race was won over a rain break. Not a fan of Matt Kenseth, but one of the drivers were going to win and I knew it wasn't going to be JR. I'm getting frustrated with him; he missed his pit box on one pit stop then he pitted on the line and got penalized a lap. Then.... he was involved in a bump trying to get back on the track after being forced down off the track and that impact spun out one driver and took out a bunch of cars. It was not a good day for him, and he could have been much better. When they interviewed him before the race, I felt he was very agitated about something, it isn't like him to get that way before a race. I'm on the verge of selecting a different driver, I can tell ya that. We'll see how he rebounds next week at Fontana.
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:Well, the race was won over a rain break. Not a fan of Matt Kenseth, but one of the drivers were going to win and I knew it wasn't going to be JR. I'm getting frustrated with him; he missed his pit box on one pit stop then he pitted on the line and got penalized a lap. Then.... he was involved in a bump trying to get back on the track after being forced down off the track and that impact spun out one driver and took out a bunch of cars. It was not a good day for him, and he could have been much better. When they interviewed him before the race, I felt he was very agitated about something, it isn't like him to get that way before a race. I'm on the verge of selecting a different driver, I can tell ya that. We'll see how he rebounds next week at Fontana.

Hey Grandma looks like everyone is sleeping tonight LOL I am in an out
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi All,

Just got back home. Took my Mom out for dinner tonight and I'm stuffed!!! I got the surf n turf (sizzler and shrimp) and she got Walleye Fish. We split things up so we could enjoy all of it. No way we could eat it all... Hope your all doing well tonight :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRP_fDcp9Q
    madinocala
    madinocala

Post by madinocala Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Kaci wrote:Hi All,

Just got back home. Took my Mom out for dinner tonight and I'm stuffed!!! I got the surf n turf (sizzler and shrimp) and she got Walleye Fish. We split things up so we could enjoy all of it. No way we could eat it all... Hope your all doing well tonight :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRP_fDcp9Q

Hey Kaci sounds like you had a great time tonight I love seafood my main thing is fresh catfish

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:17 pm