that's what friends are for

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
that's what friends are for

small circle of friends that want to be together in private.

+4
nanabanana197824
otb_someone
Mish
Ribbon
8 posters

friends who care

friends who care - Page 12 Empty Re: friends who care

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Evening Ya"ll! Hope everyone had a great day as we did! Went to breakfast at a buffet and then went to florida museum of natural history's butterfly rain forest........was soooooo cool. All covered with butterfly poop now

Last edited by dave on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:55 pm

DALEY wrote:If anybody get National Geo, there is a fascinating show on Baby mammoth, 40,000 yr old found in Syberia.

Hmm, don't get that channel... There is supposed to be a show on tonight at 10 called Mother Earth. I want to watch that one... It was about the arctic melt .
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:57 pm

dave wrote:Evening Ya"ll! Hope everyone had a great day as we did! Went to breakfast at a buffet and then went to florida museum of natural history's butterfly rain forest........was soooooo cool. All covered with butterfly poop now

Hey Dave and Ali... Sounds like you two had a great time!!!!
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 pm

dave wrote:Evening Ya"ll! Hope everyone had a great day as we did! Went to breakfast at a buffet and then went to florida museum of natural history's butterfly rain forest........was soooooo cool. All covered with butterfly poop now
    didn't know that butterflys poop, but that is more info I would ask for ol Davey, take a shower if u must LOL
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:01 pm

DALEY wrote:
    didn't know that butterflys poop, but that is more info I would ask for ol Davey, take a shower if u must LOL
    Wow, I didn't realize it was u guys until u said Michelle look at me, so cool Davey, and i saw the butterflies, How did Michelle like the butterflies?
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm

DALEY wrote:

just Kidding there Miss dale about the poop, but I reckon they gotta do something Laughing But no, was very cool and Alison will post pics she and Michelle took. How ya feeling Lady? hope much better Crying or Very sad

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Kaci wrote:

Evening Sis! All three of us had a very nice time, never seen anything like that. 400 to 600 butterflies all at once!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:07 pm

loos like a rainforest in there very cool thing to see, thanks for the share!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Need to lay down for a bit friends, just feeling wasted from this cold ~ will leave this on in hopes it will pass quick

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 pm

DALEY wrote:
    DALEY wrote:
    Wow, I didn't realize it was u guys until u said Michelle look at me, so cool Davey, and i saw the butterflies, How did Michelle like the butterflies?

Michelle loved it Dale! She actually sat still so they would land on her and one actually did for a sec Laughing
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 pm

friends who care - Page 12 Butterflies-nocal-webpageso pretty Dave, Ali, and Michellle

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Ribbon wrote:loos like a rainforest in there very cool thing to see, thanks for the share!

Evening Miss Dyan! Sorry youre under the weather Crying or Very sad Hope you get to feeling better. I hate it when my friends are ill, I wish I could take everyones pain, i have no trouble dealing with it Crying or Very sad
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 pm

dave wrote:
    Kaci wrote:

Evening Sis! All three of us had a very nice time, never seen anything like that. 400 to 600 butterflies all at once!

How awesome Bro.. I had to replay video as I thougt it was not working at first. It's working fine and looks like a very beautiful place there..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Kaci wrote:
    dave wrote:
    Kaci wrote:

How awesome Bro.. I had to replay video as I thougt it was not working at first. It's working fine and looks like a very beautiful place there..

It was Sis! Heard of it but never been there. Its now a place I will make a special point to take anyone who visits here to there. It was really a place you could just sit and think.......WOW! I had a few light on me and felt even more special than I felt before Laughing
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:24 pm

That is too neat Bro... I love butterflies!! Always remind me of my Dad for different reasons, that I won't get into here..
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:25 pm

All...I am having problems with comp., couldn't log on, then it froze, so sorry, but too tired to mess with it tonite. Dave it was such a treat to be almost there with u!!! I loved it, and glad I DIDN'T MISS IT. going to watch The Baby mammoth thing, and go to sleep. Lov u all!
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:27 pm

DALEY wrote:All...I am having problems with comp., couldn't log on, then it froze, so sorry, but too tired to mess with it tonite. Dave it was such a treat to be almost there with u!!! I loved it, and glad I DIDN'T MISS IT. going to watch The Baby mammoth thing, and go to sleep. Lov u all!

Nite lil bud... Hope you sleep well tonight...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm

DALEY wrote:All...I am having problems with comp., couldn't log on, then it froze, so sorry, but too tired to mess with it tonite. Dave it was such a treat to be almost there with u!!! I loved it, and glad I DIDN'T MISS IT. going to watch The Baby mammoth thing, and go to sleep. Lov u all!

G nite Miss Dale! Hope you get to feeling better too Lady! Have a good nite I love you

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Kaci wrote:That is too neat Bro... I love butterflies!! Always remind me of my Dad for different reasons, that I won't get into here..

Sounds like Deanna, such a cool way of looking at things :)
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 pm

dave wrote:
    Kaci wrote:That is too neat Bro... I love butterflies!! Always remind me of my Dad for different reasons, that I won't get into here..

They have a very special meaning to me and make me feel like my Dad is right there with me. One kept following me all the time he was very ill, so that is why I love to see them...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Kaci wrote:
    dave wrote:

They have a very special meaning to me and make me feel like my Dad is right there with me. One kept following me all the time he was very ill, so that is why I love to see them...

Well Sis, I have a whole new look at them after today, such delicate and graceful creatures, so sad their lives are so short..........but ours are too in comparison
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Well All, I'm going to call it a night.. Busy day today and I'm whooped.. Every muscle in my bod is sore... Hope you all have a nice night and nice day tomorrow. Nite, nite..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 pm

For you Sis and all the other Daddys girls...........I love this song.......from a Daddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyjKQvWKw8
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:41 pm

dave wrote:
    Kaci wrote:
    dave wrote:

Well Sis, I have a whole new look at them after today, such delicate and graceful creatures, so sad their lives are so short..........but ours are too in comparison

Yep Bro, they are very delicate and very pretty too.. Sorry, I'm so tired tonight.. I'll catch up with ya tomorrow if your on. Going to watch TV in bed for a change tonight. Haven't really watched it at all at night in months. Have a good night Bro..

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Kaci wrote:
    dave wrote:
    Kaci wrote:
    dave wrote:

Yep Bro, they are very delicate and very pretty too.. Sorry, I'm so tired tonight.. I'll catch up with ya tomorrow if your on. Going to watch TV in bed for a change tonight. Haven't really watched it at all at night in months. Have a good night Bro..
    Sweet dreams Sissy! I love you

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:
    DALEY wrote:wow, the porch does look nice, especially with flowers, and Davey looks so studiest!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to comment about the photos, the one of Michele in the flower field is worthy of enlarging and framing! The one of Dave .... he looks like Magnum PI, the Marlboro Man... and Ali, you look like a queen! So happy, all of you, and that makes my heart happy!

It has been a rough week with the wrist thing ... the steroids had me so jittery that I only dozed two hours Th. night, then up to work. I went like the energizer bunny (did not take the steroids on Friday, although I was supposed to). I was concerned all that energy and me trying to work it off would cause to stress to my old heart; although it did help the swelling in my wrist. Yesterday I started the NSAIDS, one a day. I got up at 6:30 this morning with that jittery feeling again (they have the same warnings and side effects that the steroids had). I have to take it, so please pray that it works for the wrist and that I can rest tonight .... I can't work with no rest; my job is too detailed and requires complete focus. Mamaging a database can be tricky, plus I've still got Phase II of the equipment tagging to get out in the field. Oh, Lord, please calm me!

Sad, sad about Sandra's family! We have to wonder about all the people that are in contact with our children and grandchildren. Hold them close, smother them with protection and teach them about the ways of this world. As I have told my son and his wife, you don't want them touched by the slime, but you need to make them aware of it so that they may heed any warning signs and be open enough to discuss those warnings with their parents. I am fearful for the children and I pray for their protection.

Daley, how are you? I pray for healing for you, my friend! Any news about Mad? I sure pray that he would take better care of himself and eat healthier.

Sorry for such a long post, I guess the script has me bouncing... need to get up and try to work it off before I have to take another one! The boys are in 'Dega, today; hope it is a race worth watching and that I can sit still to watch at least part of it. Much love to you all!

Hey there Miss Linda! First, Thank you for the kind words, I look forward to your posts all the time although Im not here all the time. You are the spiritual one who has been placed in our midst. Second..........(whisper.....lot of neat crashes a 'dega today and no one got hurt) Love ya Lady, hope you get your wrist healed like I hope wellness for everyone here I love you
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 am

Thank YOU, Lord, for such wonderful, sharing, caring FRIENDS! You all bless my heart so much!
    I think I sent some photos to those of you that I have email for, Dave I sent yours to the account that you don't check often. I wouldn't mind if anyone wants to share them here, I can't do it, technology has gone way ahead of me and I can't grasp it. Technology is great but not senior friendly!
    I did sleep well last night and not so much swelling/pain in the wrist this am. I'm praying for a good day at work, I want to be productive. I hope to work for another 8 years before I retire, but God may have other plans and I accept His over mine, He knows best.
    Have a wonderful and blessed day - I love you all! Dave, I love you! Your heart is filled with compassion for others! You remind me of a big burly teddy bear!
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 am

Good Morning Everyone!!! Linda, always good to hear from u! Davey, u r such a special friend, and so glad u shared ur day with us last nite.
    Heres hoping Dr. Hardy is feeling better today, if not, then lets hope she stays in bed!!
    Alot of smalls today, but very important! feeling pretty good, and heres hoping everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 am

friends who care - Page 12 DSCN0851
    Postman Butterfly
    Postman Butterflies (Heliconius melpomene) are tropical butterflies found in Central and South America. They are most common along sunlit forest edges with flowers.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 am

Good morning everyone. The photo above is one that I took myself. I have a few more, but would like to identify them before posting them. We had a great time at the butterfly garden.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am

friends who care - Page 12 P_00182
    I wanted to share this photo...Michelle took this one with her camera phone. She is turning out to be a great photographer. I love it!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 am

Good morning! Read all posts. Love the photos Grandma is on the mend. Daley too. Me Three. Going into work.......later..... Good Monday here beautiful weather, spring is here!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 am

friends who care - Page 12 DSCN0877
    Michelle with her new butterfly clip. Dave bought it for her at the gift shop...I got a lifelike butterfly magnet for the fridge :)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:24 am

Ribbon wrote:Good morning! Read all posts. Love the photos Grandma is on the mend. Daley too. Me Three. Going into work.......later..... Good Monday here beautiful weather, spring is here!
    Have a good day Dy! I'm glad you're feeling better flower

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 am

DALEY wrote:Good Morning Everyone!!! Linda, always good to hear from u! Davey, u r such a special friend, and so glad u shared ur day with us last nite.
    Heres hoping Dr. Hardy is feeling better today, if not, then lets hope she stays in bed!!
    Alot of smalls today, but very important! feeling pretty good, and heres hoping everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!
    Hey Daley... lol! I forgot to tell you.....Love your avatar!
    Mish
    Mish

Post by Mish Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 am

morning, just a quick visit. didn't get here yesterday or last night...had a fall off of my patio...thought my feet were broken...this morning my hip is so dang sore...
    my dr. called me & said to go in this morning for x-rays...one foot may have a broken bone.
    ugghhhh!! no time for this bologne!!

but i want to say hello to you all and let you know i haven't abandoned...will hobble by later when i get back...

hugs!!!!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Mish wrote:morning, just a quick visit. didn't get here yesterday or last night...had a fall off of my patio...thought my feet were broken...this morning my hip is so dang sore...
    my dr. called me & said to go in this morning for x-rays...one foot may have a broken bone.
    ugghhhh!! no time for this bologne!!

but i want to say hello to you all and let you know i haven't abandoned...will hobble by later when i get back...

hugs!!!!
    Gees Shels! You fell off your patio! Don't you hate gravity? I hope nothing is broken!Will be hoping for a good report.
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

pig Just heard that stupid swine flu is closing down schools in Ca. and one in N Carolina. Now there are 20 mild cases in the US stupid pig flu
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:35 pm

[color:c4ed=#000] affraid The World Health Organization said there were 40 confirmed cases in the U.S. but no deaths.

It went up!

and don't eat any alfalfa sprouts, it's got the salamanders! it's really salmonella:D
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Man Claims He Met Accused Craigslist Killer Philip Markoff Online

http://www.wowowow.com/politics/man-claims-he-met-accused-craigslist-killer-philip-markoff-online-278398

sicko
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 pm

friends who care - Page 12 Cindymoe
    nanabanana197824
    nanabanana197824

Post by nanabanana197824 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello everyone....whew the kids are headed home....they left this morning around 7:00....Mom and I enjoyed them so much....It was hard to let them leave this morning.....I really missed you guys but I know you all understand how it is with kids....it took me awhile to get caught up this morning....Dave, Ali and Michelle I was in awe of all the butterflies....I loved the video....Daley and Dy hope you both are feeling much better...Linda I hope your day goes smoothly and your arm is much better.....Lil Sis hope you don't work too hard today it sounds like you were busy all weekend....Mish so sorry to hear about your fall off the porch...hope that you have no broken bones.....oh and before I forget to tell you all Mad is still in hospital....they say he is going to have to have gall bladder surgery but the doc is concerned about putting him under to have it due to his lung and heart conditions....I hope to hear from him this afternoon after the Doc has been in to see him....he is really getting tired of the hospital....he is pretty lonely....I am going to put the number of the hospital on here and if you have time give him a quick call....352-351-7200...room number 556 bed 1....I think he is happy that the kids are gone so I will have time to talk to him....LOL...anyway I have some things to do so I will BBL tonight....love you all...Hugs!!!!!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:54 pm

just_ali_az wrote:friends who care - Page 12 DSCN0877
    Michelle with her new butterfly clip. Dave bought it for her at the gift shop...I got a lifelike butterfly magnet for the fridge :)
    She shines!
    Ribbon
    Ribbon

Post by Ribbon Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Nana good to hear your weekend was Fabulous!
    That's too bad about Mad. One thing after another!Thanks for the updates.
    I am fine just a cold that I am beating quickly.
    Taled to Daley this morning. She sounded like Tony the Tiger, GRRRaaate
    Waitng to hear about Shels.
    Ali keep those pics coming love to see them.
    Hi to Kaci Dave Grandma Somebody Dottie and Tazebell
    Still thinking about Taze, where is she?
    Okay I'm whistling off to work I go.....
    Grandma Linda
    Grandma Linda

Post by Grandma Linda Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Ribbon wrote:
    She shines!

She does shine! She is a picture of radiance! Such a beautiful innocent face!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Grandma Linda wrote:
    Ribbon wrote:
    She shines!

She does shine! She is a picture of radiance! Such a beautiful innocent face!

Thank You so much Miss Dy And Miss Linda for the nice compliments about Michelle! Makes a Dad downright prouder! cheers
    OOPS! Alison is logged in...Its me Dave Embarassed
    Kaci
    Kaci

Post by Kaci Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Evenin All - Weather is crummy here, windy and raining most of the day..
    Mish - Sorry to hear you hurt yourself, hope your alright and didn't break any bones...
    Grandma - Sure wish your wrist would feel better. Hope all is going well for you.
    Dy and Daley - Hope your both feeling better today!! Have a nice night at work Dy.
    Nana - So good to hear you had a nice time with your Son and Daughter in law this weekend. Good to see ya back. Thanks for the update on Mad.
    Ali and Dave - Hope your both doing well. Enjoyed to pics posted today.
    Somebody and Tazy - Hope to see you both soon
    DALEY
    DALEY
    Admin

Post by DALEY Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Davey,as u know, I have always believed Michelle is beautiful, but that pic is nreally something!!!Tell little Michelle I miss her!
    Mish, what? fell off patio? Man u r worse than me...please hope there r no broken bones!
    Lindal, hopefully that arm nof urs is gettingt better.
    Big Bud, hope work wasn't too bad today!!!
    Ali, love the butterflies!!!!
    DE,it was so good to hear from u, and that u had such a good time. We knew u were all wrapped up in ur kids, what a wonderful thing,aye! I hope Mad gets better soon!
    Tazy, we r still looking for u!
    Me, well mI haven't felt this good for a long time. My personal doc, Dr Hardy, seems to know how to cure me!!!
    Last and not lease, I hope Jamis is doing great, and that we hear from her soon!!
    Dr Hardy is at work tonite, hopefully she'll get on during a break!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content